In an undated letter sent to me in June, 2008,
Instead of apologizing, I provided Mearan with examples of why I believe he is a shyster lawyer in the following River Vices postings: “Mearan’s Conflict of Interest,” on June 19; “Dirty Deeds,” on July 16; “American Dreams, American Nightmares,” on July 10; and “Loan Shark?” on July 31. These postings provide examples of Mearan’s unethical and unscrupulous actions in connection with his chairmanship of the City Building Committee and in his role as the attorney for Mrs. Karol Craft and her son, Timothy Lyons, who lost their home after Mearan arranged a criminally usurious loan for them with Joe Lester. Instead of representing “the little guy,” as Mearan put it, in my opinion he preys upon “the little guy” and “the little gal.”
Before the July 1 deadline Mearan gave me, he filed suit against me, repeating the charges he had made in his undated June letter and asking the court for $25,000 in compensatory damages and $100,000 in punitive damages. My lawyer, D. Joe Griffith of Dagger,
Requests for Admissions
1. “Admit that it is on record with the
2. “Admit that Attorney Michael H. Mearan has, in
3. “Admit that Attorney Michael H. Mearan has in the last 10 years illegally solicited the services of prostitutes and/or received compensation for brokering sexual activities.
4. “Admit that within the past 10 years Attorney Michael H. Mearan has participated in illegal gambling activities.”
5. “Admit that Attorney Michael H. Mearan has, within the [last] 10 to 20 years, within the City of
6. “Admit that the River Vices articles written by defendant constitute statements of opinion.”
7. “Admit that Attorney Michael H. Mearan, in July of 2007 and June of 2008, was a
These Requests for Admissions were accompanied by a set of Interrogatories, which can be found on http://PortsmouthCitizens.info under “Mearan.”
Motion for Summary Judgment
“Now comes the defendant, Robert J. Forrey, by and through counsel, and pursuant to Civil Rule 36(A) moves the Court for Summary Judgment in the instant case as there are no genuine issues of material fact in dispute and Defendant is entitled to judgment as a matter of law. The reasons which more fully support Defendant’s Motion are contained in the accompanying Memorandum.”
The Memorandum can be found on http://PortsmouthCitizens.info under “Mearan.”
Now it is up to Judge Harcha to rule on the motion for Summary Judgment.